The Braun Life

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Silver Platter

I had been searching hi and low for a silver platter to use to create a bar area.
I looked on Ebay, and the prices were decent, but shipping made them not.
I searched at antique stores, and couldn't find the style I wanted.
I happened to check out the local Salvation Army, and eyed this beauty.


For only $5 I could not pass this up.
Once polished, I could tell there was more damage than I had predicted. I figured I could repair it.
I had found a silver platting system on Amazon, and thought I would give it a try.


This is my after. While the system did not make my plate brand new, it did cover some spots.


My bar.

While the platter is not in the best of shape, it still makes me happy, and maybe I learned a little about fixing stuff up.



No comments: