The Braun Life

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11

Today is a day of somber remembrance.
I don't want to dwell on where I was, or how I felt that day.

I feel I did today justice by being with the ones I love.

My mom took me to lunch at Ray's on the River.
It was nice to have just the two of us together.
I got to hear more about the time around when I was adopted. It was interesting insight into my mom's life.

Awesome shrimp cocktail display!

Later in the evening my dad came over for spaghetti dinner. It was nice to have him over, and treat him to dinner. It was also cute to see Matthew talk his ear off.

I feel fortunate to have my parents near by. To have my babies be near their grandparents.
We are so lucky to have each other in our lives.
My baby watching his new favorite show The Powerpuff Girls.
 Watching 9-11 anniversary shows were making me so sad, I had to change the channel. It is still so shocking to see these images.
I changed the TV to The Powerpuff Girls. Matthew had been playing on the computer, and had paid no attention to the 9-11 images. I would have changed the channel had he looked.
I took this picture of him watching TV because I am just so thankful for him. I am so thankful for family and friends.
Hug your loved ones, and don't forget to enjoy them.

No comments: